Jeff Downes is Above the Line IT Guy. ‘Above the Line IT’ is a way for me to express ideas to help the business understand key concepts important for managing successful projects. The main point is that it starts with the business followed by the solution design and finally a technical implementation. Above the Line IT is the view of a technical solution from the business perspective.
I have over 30 years experience in a variety of IT roles which include Enterprise Architecture, Data Architecture, Solution Architecture, IT Cost Management and IT Service Management.
Primary motivation for this site is to help business get the full value of their IT investment.
Solution Architecture Consulting:
– Optimize alignment of business processes with application portfolio
– Rationalize application portfolio for purposes of leveraging cloud-based solutions
– Apply IT Service Model for cost based analysis of cloud-based solutions
IT Service Management Consulting:
– Apply ITIL best practices for implementing IT Service Management
– Provide clear framework for defining IT Service catalogPlease email for additional information